This weekend three of us (myself, Jen, and Sophie) are planning on traveling to Victoria Falls, a huge waterfall on the Zambezi River bordering Zambia and Zimbabwe. We haven’t done much traveling yet, so it’s something we’re really looking forward to. We’re going to travel by bus, but it’s sort of frustrating because there are no set bus schedules…or just none that we’ve been able to find. We hear that there is an all-night bus that leaves around 7pm and arrives about 12 hours later. Once we get there, we know where we want to stay and also what we want to do, but we need to figure out the transportation. Or maybe we just need to arrive at the bus station with flexibility and patience. We will most likely end up going to the station Friday evening and just ask around for a bus that will take us to Vic Falls. That’s pretty much how it works here…not many signs or schedules are available for directions or public transportation.
However, when we get there, we’re going to bungee jump off of a bridge by the falls! I’m sort of nervous…but I definitely want to do it. It’s an opportunity I’ll never have again, and something I know I’ll regret if I don’t do. It’s going to be scary, but I’m really excited for the adrenaline rush!!! (Don’t worry, I’m saving skydiving for you, Megan.) We plan on doing the bungee jump on Sunday and a “sunset booze cruise” on the river on Saturday, when we arrive. You can also do a zip line and a giant swing thing along with the bungee jump, so I think we’re doing the 3 in 1 package. There is also a place called Devil’s Pool on the edge of the falls…it’s an area at the top of the falls that has a natural rock wall that prevents anything from plunging over the edge. I read that people do it in Sept and Dec, so I don’t think we’ll be doing it, but it looks feakin awesome!!!
I think I’m finally cleared to play on UB soccer team now…but since I’m traveling this weekend, I won’t be able to play! Oh well…I’m definitely not here to play soccer…I want to travel! I wasn’t cleared to play in the game last weekend…and the team lost 2-1…too bad. I don’t think they’ve won a game…ever!
I’m off to grab a pie and then head to Setswana class…I have a quiz today! I miss you all!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Have a fun trip to Vic Falls. Of course I am nervous about the bungee jump.........be careful! I miss you. Love -Mom
ReplyDeleteI love your blog, Allie!!!What experiences you are having!!!!! I, too, worry about the bungee jump----email as soon as you get back!!!!!! We all miss you!!!! Love you lots---Grandma
ReplyDelete