It poured so hard after my soccer game, which we lost 5-2. Sophie and I and our bags got drenched. We finally made it to one of the UB security gates and stood under the shelter for about 20 minutes. We didn’t know what to do then, because it was still raining so hard. We decided to call a cab to take us to Riverwalk for dinner and a movie (our Valentine’s Day date!), and after we called, a cab pulled up to the gate, and we then decided to take that one, but not to Riverwalk—to Vegas, Sophie’s dorm. We looked at some Mozambique trip stuff, ordered pizza, watched a movie, and showered all the dirt off that had blown into us during the soccer game. It was pretty windy before the storm hit!
So, class tomorrow. I have a lab report due tomorrow and then I’m getting together with my lab partner to work on the one we have due this Friday…they take a while! I also MUST study for Physics and P. Chem. Test in both classes next week! And I really want to do well in them, but I have almost zero motivation to study for them. The environment here does not make it easy to study (no one else seems to study or care about studying, and it’s so hot!) and it’s also my last semester of undergrad. So, I’m basically struggling quite a bit with the academic part of my stay here. But everything else is pretty good. I don’t think I could live here, though. But I think I’d come back and visit. It just makes me appreciate America and the education and work ethic there. I’m looking forward to going home.
No comments:
Post a Comment