My mom and dad
My brother, Kutlwana on the right, with two friends on the left
My brother, Katlago, baking scones with me
Second night in Mochudi for village stay. Had a bowl of beans a corn for dinner—large and quite good! Then Kutlwano brought me a huge and cold mango from the fridge with a huge knife, too! They have 2 mango trees (plus an orange, strawberry, and lemon tree). As I was eating it and watching TV with Joyce, Kutlwano, and Katlago the power went out! Which I guess is a common thing. They got a candle out and we just all sat there…me messily eating my mango. When I was done, Kutlwano brought me a wet cloth to wipe my hands and took my plate into the kitchen. He is the youngest, so he is always being asked to do things for all the others. They taught me a little Setswana…but it is so hard for me to remember the words. I normally ask them to spell out whatever they’re saying so I can understand the words better.
No comments:
Post a Comment