
I began browsing programs and decided I should go somewhere unique...I wanted to experience something totally different from what I already have. I narrowed it down to Botswana and Ghana, two African countries. The more I looked into the programs, the more I realized how much more organized the program in Botswana seemed...and I only had two weeks to get everything together, so I decided on the University of Botswana, in the city of Gaborone. I'll be taking a chemistry course in order to obtain a chemistry minor, a human anatomy course, as a prerequisite for PA school, and a few other courses on the Setswana language and southern Africa. I would also liked to get hooked up with a hospital or health clinic in the area and either volunteer or work there a few times a week.
And......a HUGE bonus of being in southern Africa this spring is the World Cup taking place in South Africa. After my semester is over, I have plans to travel south to South Africa and meet up with a group of 12 people. We have tickets to see the first 3 US games.
After all that...who knows what I will do...but I do know that I cannot wait for this exciting adventure to begin :) Come visit me in Africa!
No comments:
Post a Comment