I got second in my age group, and I think seventh overall. Pretty exciting! I think I could have biked a little harder, and I also could work on my transition times, but my total time was 1:25. It would be fun to have a buddy to do these with. The tri season is over though now, so maybe this spring I could try to find someone. Competing in a team would be pretty fun, too. Here is my after picture...looking a little more awake now!
Monday, October 5, 2009
Had to tri a tri
So this morning I did my very first triathlon...and definitely not my last. It was a sprint tri, so not as long as an olympic length, but it was still an accomplishment, and maybe the olympic tri is something I could work up to. I swam 400m, biked 15mi, and ran 5k. It was really fun...sort of exhilerating...and lots of adrenaline pumping! Here is my before picture...taken at 7am, but I had woken up at 5:15...looking pretty tired.

I got second in my age group, and I think seventh overall. Pretty exciting! I think I could have biked a little harder, and I also could work on my transition times, but my total time was 1:25. It would be fun to have a buddy to do these with. The tri season is over though now, so maybe this spring I could try to find someone. Competing in a team would be pretty fun, too. Here is my after picture...looking a little more awake now!
My next (tentative) event is the Tulsa Run, a 15k on October 31st. And I'm thinking about doing the McNellies's Pub Run, a 4 mile run on November 4th. (There is prize money for the top three finishers if you drink three 12-oz beers during the run...optional, but I might try it!)
I got second in my age group, and I think seventh overall. Pretty exciting! I think I could have biked a little harder, and I also could work on my transition times, but my total time was 1:25. It would be fun to have a buddy to do these with. The tri season is over though now, so maybe this spring I could try to find someone. Competing in a team would be pretty fun, too. Here is my after picture...looking a little more awake now!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Wow,that is sooo cool. Love the pics!! I remember when I did a few before. To me, it was just great fun to finish. I am not sure if it is worth it to win prize money if you have to drink 3 beers!!!
ReplyDeleteAllie you are so awesome! I took Andrea to the Des Moines Marathon last weekend. You could have done it. I can't wait to watch you run the 15k on the 31st. We'll be there.
ReplyDelete