One of the most frustrating aspects of this haziness is not remembering important conversations held with people close to me. I shouldn't have to write down important things people confide in me, but sometimes I feel like I should so that I don't forget.
Another part I hate is my poor memory of big events. For example, someone may ask me what I did last weekend. Well, even if I went to a wedding, a fundraiser, or had jury duty, those big events don't come to my mind when asked, therefore, forcing me to answer with "I didn't do much." This may not seem like a big deal, but it is for me when I can't even remember what I just did, especially when they may be big things in my life.
I have several hypotheses for this fogginess:
- Lack of sleep
- Distracted by other thoughts/things
- Not genuinely interested in current activity...doing things in the present to achieve things in the future
- Tired...not due to sleep but just from over-exertion
This state of mind isn't constant, by all means, but I think it is something I need to try to avoid by actively engaging in whatever I am doing.
Hey baby girl! Being aware of these concerns is good. It means you want to be connected to people and be concerned about their lives. If you did not have these thougths, it would show your are removed and uncaring for your peers. The reason you dont remeber the past weekend, etc if because your life is VERY ACTIVE!!!! One thing you have always been is VERY thoughtful and caring of others. That is soooo true of you. Your heart is better that the finest gold. You have a gift for that and now that you are questioning your persoal dynamics is even more evidence of what a kind caring individual you are. There is NO DOUBT you are a kind and caring person with an extremely high intellect. Give yourself a break! That is hard to do when you are a person that expects perfection but..... give yourself a break! I love you more than you know. -Mom
ReplyDelete