Monday, August 10, 2009

Choosing Hobbies


It seems as though every year, I find a few more activities that I really enjoy and am fairly successful at. I am finding now that it is becoming difficult to decide which hobbies to pursue. Such things as biking, painting, soccer coaching, rock climbing, cooking, and swimming are a few of the things that I really enjoy...but one just can't do everything she enjoys!!! I'm just trying to do what I have time and money for and whatever I feel like doing at any given moment. Something that I really struggle with is over-commitment...I tend to say "yes" to too many things. I need to work on turning down offers to coach or be part of school organizations. While most commitments may add good things to my life, I could definitely benefit without the added time and stress.

2 comments:

  1. Amen! I often feel I am the queen of over-commitment. I am probably naive, but I belive that you can do it all! :) You are so talented Al!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I like this picture. And I hope you don't say 'no' to biking and Ragbrai.
    Love,
    Dad

    ReplyDelete